Zygomatic Arch Cheek Implant

Q: Dr. Eppley, I asked question on Real Self and you gave me a response, I appreciate it. My question was regarding cheek augmentation as I wanted my cheeks to laterally protrude a few mm past the widest part of my forehead. You said that there was a special type of implant that would give me this result, but I can’t find any pictures online. I was wondering if I could see some before/afters so I can really gauge if it will give me the augmentation I want.

Again thanks for taking the time to answer my question on Real Self and actually answering my question. I feel like many docs don’t even read it with the answers they give.

Zygomatic Arch Implant Style Dr Barry Eppley IndianapolisA: The style of cheek implant to which you refer is a zygomatic archcheek  implant. The reason you can not find it online is because it is a special design facial implant of mine and no other plastic surgeons are doing it or even aware of it. Due to patient confidentiality concerns I do not pass out patient pictures. But to help you better understand what the implant looks like and the specific cheek area that it augments, I have attached an intraoperative image of the implant and its specific zygomatic arch location.

Dr. Barry Eppley
Indianapolis, Indiana