Why Is A Custom Midface Implant Better Than A LeFort III Osteotomy In An Adult?
Q: Dr. Eppley, i have consulted with a surgeon about the procedure modified lefort 3. My question is why is the implant route the way to go instead of surgery?
A: The midface implant route is the superior aesthetic approach to midface augmentation IF there is no compelling need to change the occlusion. (one’s bite) It is superior to a LeFort IIII in an adult because:
1) Every midface dimension/thickness can be precisely controlled by the preoperative design.
2) It provides a complete midface augmentation effect particularly in and around the orbit rim and malar region.
3) It provides an assured smooth contour.
4) It is less invasive with a quicker recovery.
5) It is reversible or capable of being modified (addition/reduction) should one want to fine tine the result.
Dr. Barry Eppley
North Meridian Medical Building
12188-A North Meridian St.
Carmel, IN 46032
Phone: (317) 706-4444
WhatsApp: (317) 941-8237