What Type Of Jaw Angle Implants Do I Need?

Q: Dr. Eppley, I have been opening your website and reading your articles for a while. I think your website is very informative. I would like to thank you for creating this website. Without any doubt i can say your are one of the world’s best and most skilled plastic surgeons. I wish I was very wealthy, I would have flown to USA and set an appointment with you, but unfortunately I don’t have a strong budget at the moment. I intend to travel locally for a chin osteotomy or implant and jaw angle implant. I want to make my face look very masculine and angular. I am attaching my photo to have your viewpoint about the type of jaw angle implant. I want to do something permanent and long lasting. I think my jaw needs a thick implant but I don’t know which shape and type is better. Thanks in advance.

A: While most commercially available silicone jaw angle implants provide only width, the vast majority of men who seek a stronger and more defined jawline need vertical lengthening of the jaw angles as well. Thus a more masculine jawline usually needs a combined vertical and width dimensional change to have a more pronounced flare to their jaw angles. Your pictures certainly show that to be true. The only question is how much vertical and horizontal thickness in millimeters would look best.

Dr. Barry Eppley

Indianapolis, Indiana