What Type Of Facial Asymmetry Surgery Do I Need?

Q: Dr. Eppley, I am interested in facial asymmetry surgery to even out the two sides of my face. As you can see in these pictures my right side of my face is lower, along with my right eye. I was wondering if it is somehow possible to have my eyes on the same level and take that bump from my chin away. And on top of that my head temples are narrowing. Is it somehow possible to fill them and make my head more round. Thank you for your time.

A: You have a complete right facial asymmetry which is lower than the left side of your face as you know. The corrective procedures for your facial asymmetry surgery would include the following:

Right Supraorbital Brow Bone Reduction with Right Transpalpebral Brow lift (all done through right upper eyelid incision)

Right Orbital Floor Augmentation with Lateral Canthoplasty (lift the eye up as well as the corner of the eye)

Right Inferior Border Chin Ostectomy (shave of the lower border)

These three procedures would lift up the lower parts of the right side of the face.

The temporal hollowing could be addressed by temporal implants placed under the temporalis fascia done through a small vertical incision in the temporal hairline.

Dr. Barry Eppley

Indianapolis, Indiana