What Postop Care Instructions are Needed after Lip Advancements?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I was wondering if I would be prescribed any pain medication for the post surgery aftercare for lip advancements while the stiches dissolve and while the incision closes up ? As my skin is very sensitive I’m worried I will be very irritated around the area and really don’t want to feel the need to itch the incision, feel too uncomfortable or harm the work you have done.
How long will it take for the incision to properly close up and for the chance of infection to pass?
Will it be possible to wear a pollution mask while I am out in public as I would prefer to cover up the incision while the stitches are in if possible
And how long will it be till I am able to wear lip stick /cover up around the area ?
And how long will it be till I can do exercise again?
Sorry for the overload of questions
And if you have any recommendations for aftercare please let me know!
See you very soon!
A: In answer to your lip advancement questions:
1) Pain medication will be provided for yourafter surgery needs, although lip advancements are not particularly painful afterwards
2) Lip incisions heal well in about three weeks after surgery.
3) Lipstick can be worn in one week after the procedure.
4) You can exercise immediately after surgery.
5) You can wear a pollution mark any time after the surgery.
Dr. Barry Eppley