What Is The Recovery from a Custom Forehead Implant?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I am interested in having a custom forehead implant designed and surgically placed. The surgery/design that fits my case is highly similar to your cases:
Since there are not many surgeons out there who have experience in designing/placing these specific implants there is very little information online about the recovery/healing process for the 3 specific abovementioned cases: so similar implant design and volume Could you elaborate on the healing proces of these cases: the invasiveness of the procedure is my main concern in deciding to go ahead – since I have not much days to take off from work.
– Can I drive one/two days after surgery?
– What will swelling/bruising be like 3 days after surgery?
– What will swelling/bruising be like 1 week after surgery?
– What will swelling/bruising be like 2 weeks after surgery?
– From what day will people not be able to tell that I had any surgery done?
I am in good physical condition, 29 yrs old and normal swelling/bruising reactions.
Thank you very much for your consideration.
A: The physical recovery from a custom forehead implant (that does not incliude the brow bone) is mainly related to swelling and how long it persists. In answer to your specific quesi0ons about the recovery:
1) You can drive 1 to 2 days after surgery
2) Forehead swelling peaks at 2 days after the surgery, 50% is gone by one week, 75% is gone by 2 weeks and most if not all of the swelling is gone by 30 days after the surgery.
3) Generally 7 to 10 days after the surgery one appears socially acceptable/passable.
Dr. Barry Eppley
World-Renowned Plastic Surgeon