What Is A Natural Design For Jaw Angle Implants In Women?
Q: Dr. Eppley ,I’m considering getting jaw angle implants. Looking at images of jaw angle implants on the internet, I noted from some images that the jaw angles seem to flare out. Then I came across your website. When a woman has jaw angle augmentation, are the bottom of the jaw angles suppose to flare out ?
Perhaps this is natural ? When you have jaw angle augmentation, the bottom of angles flare out?
1. Are jaw angle implants suppose to flare out? Is this natural? (see attached image)
2. On the other hand, would it be strange or look strange ( unnatural) to only increase the height of the jaw angle implants?
A: Thank you for your inquiry and sending the jaw angle implant design images to which I can say the following;
1) The desired end result in any jaw angle patient is determined by preoperative imaging of the patient’s pictures. An implant design is created from what is believed to be the desired aesthetic result as seen in the picture imaging.
2) While most women need more vertical lengthening than width, that must be determined on an individual basis.
3) One can not determine from just an implant design whether that is aesthetically appropriate for particular patient.
Dr. Barry Eppley