What Can I Do For A Sagging Pubic Area?

Q: Dr. Eppley, I am a 52 year-old male and am concerned after some weight loss that my lower abdomen is still fatty, and my pubis area is sagging. This is not exactly the look I want, what can I do? I have attached some pictures for your assessment from the front and the side.

A: Thank you for sending your pictures. What I see is mainly a pubic sag issue, not so much go an abdomen overhang. While there is some fat in the pubic area, an equal contributor to the problem is loose skin. Your options for improvement are either liposuction alone or liposuction combined with a pubic lift. A pubic lift, in essence, is really an inverted or reverse mini-abdominoplasty.  It lifts the skin from above along the waistline.

There is also some abdominal fat, but no real excess skin that I can see. Thus liposuction of the abdominal area could be performed at the same time.

Dr. Barry Eppley

Indianapolis, Indiana