What Are My Surgical Options For Jawline Reshaping?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I’m interested in your jawline reshaping procedure.
My main goals are:
– vertical lengthening of the left jaw (to fix the assymetry)
– creating more defined jaw angles on both sides
– creating a more masculine chin
Please note, the pictures were taken with some (half year old) fillers in my chin and jaw.
Could you please recommend some surgical options?
A: With jaw angle asymmetry custom jaw angle implants would be needed for asymmetry correction as well as angle augmentation. The chin can be augmented by either a bony genioplasty or an implant depending on how much forward movement is desired as well as the shape of the chin from the front view. Distilling that information down it com,es down to two basic options:
1) Custom Wrap Around Jaw Implant
2) Sliding Genioplasty with Custom Jaw Angle Implants
UntiI know more specifics the chin augmentation changes with imaging I can not yet say which approach is better for you.
Dr. Barry Eppley
World-Renowned Plastic Surgeon