The Safety and Effectiveness of Custom Midface Implant
Q: Dr. Eppley, I’m very interested in getting the custom midface implant as advertised on your page. I have a recessed mid face and as a result weak under eye support and a gaunt looking face. I would like to fix that. I’ve already had a nose job and I feel like this is the final step I need. I have a couple of questions in regards to the implant. I’ve done a lot of research but can’t find anything on it since it seems like not many doctors are offering it.
1. What is the price?
2. Is the custom mid face implant a better option than getting cheek implants in combination with paranasal and infraorbital implants? Is there even a difference in results? Also infection and complication wise – which of these two options is more safe?
3. Will the mid face implant have the same effect on the eyes as an infraorbital rim implant would? I have weak under eye support so I’m wondering which would give me the best result.
Thanks so much for taking your time to read this and answering. Have a blessed day.
A:Thank you for your inquiry. While I have no idea what you face looks like our what your exact aesthetic needs are, I can provide the following general comments:
1) I will have my assistant Camille pass along the cost of the surgery to you later today.
2) All midface implants carry the same safety profile and risk of complications, regardless of their design. Obviously the more midface surface that an implant covers the aesthetic outcome will be different.
3) The infraorbital component of a total midface implant can have the same undereye effect if it is so designed to do so.
Dr. Barry Eppley