Temporal Reductions at Young Age
Q: Dr. Eppley, I am strongly considering a temporal reduction in the near future due to my wide head, but i have a few questions.
1. Is this procedure dangerous in any way?
2. Will the temporalis muscle grow back once it is reduced?
3. With my age being only 19, am i too young for this operation?
4. How often do you perform these procedures?
5. Roughly, what is the cost for this procedure?
I hope I am not asking for too much, but a response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
A: In answer to your temporal reduction questions:
1) This is a very safe procedure
2) The muscle will not grow back
3) Age 19 is not too young for the surgery
4) I perform Temporal Reduction surgery on a regular basis
5) My assistant will pass along the cost of the surgery to you later today.
Dr. Barry Eppley