Q: Dr. Eppley, i have some questions about temporal reduction surgery. They are as follows:
1How long will it take for the scars behind my ears to heals?
2 How long will the sugary last and how many days will I have to be in your care before I can be released?
3Will this temporal reduction make my head look normal and not as big as it is now?
4What risk can this have on me now or for the years to come…I mean in my old age like 55 or above?
5 How much will this cost me?
Hope to hear from you, take care and God bless.
A: in answer to your temporal reduction questions:
1) The incision behind the ear heals very quickly because it is in the natural skin crease where the ear is attached to the head.
2) Surgery takes 90 minutes.
3) You should be able to return home the following day after surgery.
4) The goal of posterior temporal reduction surgery is to reduce the bowing on the sides of the head above the ears…to make the sides of the head straighter.
5) This surgery does not have any age-related effects.
6) My assistant will pass along the cost of the procedure to you on Monday.
Dr. Barry Eppley