Should Forehead Reshaping Be Done Before Or After A Rhinoplasty?
Q: Dr. Eppley, Hi, I’ve come across your website a couple of times and saw the before and after of the patient who went through the brow bone reduction and forehead augmentation. The results look amazing and I had a couple questions about that because I am planning to get this procedure done. My forehead is too slanted and I have a brow bone that sticks out. It’s funny because I’ve been called a Neanderthal by a couple of people haha. Anyways these are the questions that I had regarding the procedure.
1. I’m getting a nose job from another place and I don’t know if it will affect the procedure. That’s why my question is which procedure do you recommend getting first? The brow bone reduction and forehead augmentation or my nose surgery? I don’t know if it makes a difference haha.
2. How long is the procedure?
3. How long will it take to heal? And does it affect me playing sports for good or just a while? (Soccer in particular) like will I ever be able to header the ball? How long will I have to wait?
4. Around how much is the cost?
5. I’m also planning on getting laser hair removal, because my hairline is really low and so I wax it off, will the laser hair removal affect my skull or my bone after my brow bone reduction and forehead augmentation?
I’d love to hear back from you, thank you!
A: In answer to your questions:
1) It does not make a difference as to whether the forehead or nose procedure comes first. It really depends on which one has the higher priority if either one does.
2) A combined forehead augmentation and brow bone reduction procedure is 2.5hrs.
3) Good healing would take 6 weeks. I would not head a ball for at least 3 moths after the surgery.
4) My assistant will pass along the cost of the surgery to you.
5) Laser hair removal is superficial, it will not affect the bone beneath it or anywhere else.
Dr. Barry Eppley