Rib Removal Questions
Q: Dr. Eppley, I am interested in rib removal for body contouring purposes. I have the following rib removal questions:
1. Estimated cost for the surgery
2. Recovery period after surgery, especially if flying in for the procedure
3. Whether fat removed from flanks during procedure and can be transferred to the breasts
Thanks in advance.
A: In answer to your rib removal questions:
1) My assistant will pass along the general cost of the procedure to you on Monday. Only she knows the answer to this question
2) Most patients return home in three to five days after the surgery. How much more recovery is needed depends on what physical activities to which one is recovering. It is a gradual recovery and most patients return to full physical activities by one month after surgery. There are no restrictions after rib removal surgery so you do whatever feels comfortable. You should probably take two weeks from work or three weeks if the work is more physical.
3) There is never enough fat removed from the flanks to be enough for any appreciable fat transfer to the breast. It requires a lot more fat do so than what the flanks have to give.
Dr. Barry Eppley
North Meridian Medical Building
12188-A North Meridian St.
Carmel, IN 46032
Phone: (317) 706-4444
WhatsApp: (317) 941-8237