Rapid Recovery Breast Augmentation
Q: Dr. Eppley, I am interested in the flash recovery breast augmentation procedure. However, I have a few concerns: I have tuberous breasts, and I am transgender. Does Dr. Eppley specialize in tuberous breasts, and is it a problem that I am transgender? I have all the necessary paper work and documentation. My big goal is to be able to achieve “kissing cleavage” even without the need of a push up. I’m also wanting to go as big as possible, so how big can ideal implants get? A couple of surgeons suggested 800cc uhp silicone since I have a wide frae and it would eat it up easily, but when I tried on the sizers they just didn’t have that vavoom look I was wanting. I don’t really want to go saline because I still want that natural jiggle I have now. Thank you for your time!
A: Thank you for your inquiry. In answer to your breast augmentation questions:
1) I believe you are referring to a Rapid Recovery breast augmentation protocol as opposed to a Flash Recovery. While breast augmentation recovery can be expedited, it can not be instantaneous.
2) Whether one is a genetic female or male, breast implants can be successfully placed. There may or may not be size limitations based one the ability of the tissues to stretch to accommodate the implant.
3) Tuberous breasts are not an infrequent finding in prospective breast augmentation patients. Depending upon their severity they can impact how the breast augmentation procedure is performed and the results seen. No plastic surgeon ’specializes’ in tuberous breasts, they either have experience with them or not. Most plastic surgeons have.
4) Whether you can achieve cleavage from your breast augmentation depends on many anatomic factors and not just implant size alone. Implant size helps but one’s natural breast and nipple spacing plays a major role as well.
5) The largest silicone breast implants are 800cc. Only saline implants can go bigger. Depending upon your implant size needs, you may have no choice but saline implants ion 800cc is inadequate.
Dr. Barry Eppley
North Meridian Medical Building
12188-A North Meridian St.
Carmel, IN 46032
Phone: (317) 706-4444
WhatsApp: (317) 941-8237