Post Op Thigh Lift
Thigh Lift Post-Op Recovery Instructions
- Thigh lifts usually have a minimal amount of postoperative discomfort but they will feel very tight. There will be some swelling of the thighs and groins after this kind of surgery. This will go away within a few weeks.
- There usually are no dressings or garments to cover the incisions but they will be heavily taped. The tapes are to be left in place to serve both as a dressing and reinforcement of the incisions.
- For some types of thigh lifts, a drain is used. Read the section entitled ‘Drain Care’ for management instructions. The drain will be removed in 5 to 7 days after surgery.
- After 48 hours, take a shower and do not worry about getting the tapes wet. Do not take a bath or submerge the incisions under water for three weeks after surgery.
- The tapes on your incisions will be removed by Indianapolis thigh lift specialist Dr. Eppley at your first follow-up visit. Most of the sutures will be dissolvable and underneath the skin. There will be several support sutures on the outside which will be removed two weeks after surgery.
- Numbness of the skin around the groin and inner thigh is normal after this kind of surgery. Normal feeling will return but it may take up to six months after surgery for that to occur.
- Avoid exercise of any kind for four weeks after surgery so breakdown (opening) of the incisions can be prevented. Too much activity too soon is the main reason why problems with healing of the incisions occurs.
- You may drive when you feel comfortable and can react normally and are off pain medication.
- If any redness, tenderness, or drainage develops after the first week of surgery, call Dr. Eppley and have your pharmacy number ready.