Post Op Nipple
Nipple Repair Post-Op Recovery Instructions
- Most nipple repairs will be covered with glue and tapes. Under this dressing are dissolvable sutures that will not require removal.
- You may shower and get the tapes wet the very next day.
- You may remove the tapes one week after surgery. Keep the nipple covered with antibiotic ointment for an additional week thereafter.
- Feeling in the nipple may be less after surgery. Normal feeling may or may not completely return. The same applies to the ability for the nipple to get erect.
- Protect the nipples from rubbing or excessive sun exposure until they are completely healed. This will usually be from 4 to 6 weeks after surgical repair.