Post Op Butt Implant
Buttock Implants Post-Op Recovery Instructions
- Buttock implants will have a moderate amount of postoperative discomfort and will feel very tight right after surgery Take your pain medications as needed. Significant swelling will occur in the first few days (peaking the second day after surgery) making your buttocks feel even tighter.
- You CAN NOT sit for two weeks after surgery. You should sleep on your stomach or lie on your stomach on the sofa. You may use a recliner as opposed to sitting straight up. When using the toilet, keep your weight on the backs of your thighs, not on your buttocks.
- There will be a taped dressing on your lower back to cover the incision and hold the drains in place. The tapes are to be left in place to serve both as a dressing and reinforcement of the incision. They will be removed with the drains one week after surgery.
- After 48 hours, take a shower and do not worry about getting the tapes or drains wet. Do not take a bath or submerge the incision under water for three weeks after surgery.
- The tapes on your incisions will be removed by Indianapolis buttock lift specialist Dr. Eppley at your first follow-up visit. Most of the sutures will be dissolvable and underneath the skin. There will be several support sutures on the outside which will be removed two weeks after surgery.
- Numbness of the skin around the buttocks is normal after this kind of surgery. Normal feeling will return but it may take up to six months after surgery for that to occur.
- Self-Cleansing: After using the toilet, you should cleanse yourself with baby wipes after using toilet tissue. You, of course, should wipe from the back to the front! Wiping from the front to the back will increase the possibility of infection.
- Activity Level:
*First Day: Bed rest for 24 hours.
*First Week: DO NOT drive a car; no physical activity.
*Second Week: Gradually resume routine activities. You may begin slow walking. You should be back to normal by the end of the second week, EXCEPT for exercise.
*For Eight Weeks: DO NOT engage in any exercise using the lower body. Do not play golf, tennis, swim laps in a pool, ride horseback or motorcycles, or participate in other strenuous activities involving the lower body for 8 weeks.
- If any redness, tenderness, or drainage develops after the first week of surgery, call Dr. Eppley and have your pharmacy number ready.
A detailed description and pictures of your concerns allows for the most informed response.