Post Op Butt Fat
Buttock Fat Injections Post-Op Recovery Instructions
- Unlike buttock implants, fat injections cause very minimal pain. More discomfort will come from where the fat was harvested. (e.g., abdomen or flanks) Take your pain medications as needed. Your buttocks will get more swollen in the first few days after surgery than right after. This is perfectly normal.
- You will go home in a girdle that covers the buttock area. This is for support and comfort. You should NOT sit directly on your buttocks for one week after surgery. You should sleep on your stomach or lie on your side. When using the toilet, keep your weight on the backs of your thighs, not on your buttocks if possible.
- There are no dressings, incisions, or drains in the buttocks.
- After 24 hours (the next day), you may remove the girdle and take a shower. Do not worry about getting the buttocks wet. Do not take a bath or submerge your buttocks under water for one week after surgery.
- Wear the compressive girdle for one week after surgery. Thereafter, its use may be stopped. You may change to tight athletic compression shorts or biker pants for additional support and comfort for another week.
- Your area where the fat was harvested by liposuction will also have a compression wrap. Wear this until the wrap feels more comfortable off than on.
- Activity Level:
*First Day: Bed rest the first night after surgery.
*First Week: Gradually resume normal activities as tolerated, no exercise.
*Second Week: Back to full normal activities. May begin walking but no strenuous exercise.
*Third Week: Back to full strenuous activities.
- If any redness, tenderness, or drainage develops after the first week of surgery, call Dr. Eppley and have your pharmacy number ready.