Permalip Implant Removal
Q: Dr. Eppley, I am interested in Permalip implant removal. I had 4mm Permalip implants put in my upper and lower lips this past year. It has not even been a year but I would like to get the upper implant removed. It causes a crease when I smile and my smile looks restricted and very unnatural. I have been doing a lot of research and you seem to have quite a bit of experience with the Permalip implant.
I had a few questions:
1.) how long would my upper lip be swollen for/how long would it be noticeable.
2.) how quickly could I start again with filler
3.) Will my smile go back to normal or will it stay restricted from the lower implant still being in?
4.) what is the cost of the removal of the upper implant only?
5.) Have you removed quite a few implants and are there ever complications?
A: In regards to Permalip implant removal:
- There should be very minimal swelling…unlike the original placement.
- You may return to getting injectable fillers 6 weeks after the implant is removed.
- I would anticipate that your smile will return to normal. This is a mechanical obstruction issue.
- My assistant will pass along the cost of the procedure to you tomorrow.
- Once the implant is removed I have yet to see any complications that have resulted…other than the lip will become smaller.
Dr. Barry Eppley