Is There An Eye Reshaping Procedure To Make My Outer Eye Corner Go Up More Than The Inner Corner?

Q: Dr. Eppley, is there a procedure to reposition the lateral canthal area into an uptited eye or narrow eye? If so what is the price range? Thank you.

A: Such an eye reshaping as you have described is one in which the outer corner of the eye is more narrow and slightly longer to the side. This can be achieved by an eyelid procedure known as a lateral canthoplasty. This is a change in the position of the lateral canthal tendon in its attachment to the inside of the lateral wall/rim of the orbital bone. The lateral canthal is usually detached and moved up slightly higher and tighter on the inside of the bone. This will then pull the corner of the eye more laterally, making it more narrow and with a slight upward tilt. This is done an outpatient procedure under anesthesia which takes about an hour to do. My assistant Camille will pass along the cost of the surgery to you tomorrow.

Dr. Barry Eppley

Indianapolis, Indiana