Is The Occipital Knob Reduction Procedure Done Under Local or General Anesthesia?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I need to remove the bulging bone on the back of my head. (occipital knob)I have a few questions about the occipital knob reduction procedure.
- How long does the procedure take?
- What is the recovery time?
- Is the anesthesia local, general or sedation?
- What is the scar size? I am bald.
Thanks in advance
A: Thank you for your inquiry and sending your pictures. In answer to your occipital knob reduction questions:
1) The procedure takes 90 minutes under general anesthesia.
2) Recovery time is really minimal as there are no restrictions after surgery.
3) The attached image shows the location of the incision in the upper horizontal neck crease.
4) My assistant Camille will pass along the cost of the surgery to you.
Dr. Barry Eppley