Is A Jowl Tuckup Facelift Much Better Than FaceTite or Threads?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I totally understand in any form of a facelift nothing is permanent and you return to baseline. My questions are:
1. Does a procedure like the jowl tuck up change how fast or slow you will continue to age?
2. In other words, its purpose is to set back the clock some years: not as much as a deep plane facelift but more than facetite. Is this correct?
3. In my case do you think I need any facial lipo with the jowl tuck up to meet my aesthetic goal or would the jowl tuck up nail it?
4. In my case what would be the second runner up procedure to the jowl tuck up that would impact the appearance and have a slimming effect on my lower face? Examples: Facetite, Agnes RF, Threads, Kybella. (off label in lower face)
Thank you so much for your time!
A: Certainly a jowl tuck procedure has a longer duration of effect than any injectable or energy based therapies by a magnitide of years.
In answer to your specific questions:
1) No. Surgery changes the outward effects of genetic and environmental influences of aging but not its speed.
3) Small cannula liposction of the submental/jawline and perioral areas is a good adjunctive approach.
4) I would find any of those listed to be very distant runnerups but Threads would be at at the head of the class of these minimally invasive options.
Dr. Barry Eppley