How Much Shoulder Width Can Be Obtained with Clavicular Lengthening Osteotomies?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I have several body contouring questions:
How much actual clavicular bone length be obtained in such shoulder widening surgeries.
Can he ribcage similarly be widened by osteotomies?
Can the scalpel be augmented?
Can the wrists be widened
What is the cost of shoulder widening surgery?
A:In answer to your shoulder widening question by clavicular osteotomy questions:
1) The maximum expansion of the clavicles I have done is 2 cms per side or roughly 1 inch for side.
2) There is no method to widen the ribcage by osteotomies.
3) Scapulas can be augmented.
4) There is no procedure to widen the wrists.
5) My assistant Camille will pass along the cost of the shoulder widening procedure to you later today.
Dr. Barry Eppley