How Much Of The Skull And Face Effects From Plagiocephaly Can Be Treated?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I have a couple of questions regarding correction of Plagiocephaly.
1. What deformities are able/not able to be corrected.
2. How often are people unhappy with the corrections that have been made
3. What is a general cost estimate for a Custom skull implant, along with reduction of the forehead if there is any way you could estimate.
4. Is there any way that the bottom part of the back of the skull could be augmented? The flat side of the back of my head seems to bulge out near my neck more than the other side.
Thank you very much!
A: In answer to your plagiocephaly questions:
1) All aspects of the skull affected by plagiocephaly can be treated, whether it is by augmentation or bone reduction.
2) Patients may desire further improvements but no one has ever been unhappy with the result in my experience orawareness.
3) My assistant Camille will answer the cost question.
4) The bottom part of the back of the skull can be augmented.
Dr. Barry Eppley