How Much Brow Bone Projection Can Be Removed By Shaving?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I want to ask Dr Eppley 3 quick questions regarding brow bone reduction.
– what is the average bone thickness over the frontal sinus?
– how much bone can we shave over the frontal sinus? (in mm)
– and what is the minimal bone thickness we can let over the frontal sinus?
(without risks of tissue dying)
A:In answer to your brow bone reduction questions:
1) The average of the frontal sinus table in men is 3mms.
2) Since 1mm needs to be left, 2mms can be reduced by burring.
3) As stated in #2, 1mm.
Dr. Barry Eppley