How Long Does It Take For Custom Facial Implants To Be Made?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I have few questions about facial implants:
1. how much will it cost approximately to get customized cheek and jaw implants done at the same time?
2. how long does it take to manufacture facial implants?
3. do you personally use screws to secure both cheek and jaw implants in place?
4. lastly, is it possible to get jaw implants just to have defined jawline without the width being added (meaning that i don`t want for my oval shaped face to change into a square shape but i definitely want the very sharp defined jawline) is it possible?
Thank you very much and I look forward to your response.
A: In answer to your questions about custom facial implants:
- My assistant will pass the cost of custom cheek and jaw implats on to you tomorrow.
- From the time of receiving the CT scan until the implants are designed, manufactured, sterilized and shipped, it would be on average about 6 weeks.
- I secure almost all facial implants with small titanium screw fixation.
- Custom implants can be designed just about any way the patient wants as long as the implants can be made to fit and secured on the bone.
Dr. Barry Eppley