How Long After Rhinoplasty Can I Have Custom Cheek Implants?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I have a couple questions regarding style 2 custom cheek implants. I am scheduled to have a rhinoplasty in November 2021 and hope to perhaps pursue cheek implants in 2022.
1. How long post-rhinoplasty do you recommend patients wait before getting custom cheek implant surgery?
2. In addition, can you provide an approximate estimate for the cost of style 2 custom cheek implants? Does cost vary depending on the size of the custom implants?
3. Can style 2 custom cheek implants also augment the cheeks, or are they limited to the infraorbital rim and zygomatic arch?
A:In answer to your custom cheek implant questions:
1) I would allow three months after a rhinoplasty to get any form of facial augmentation surgery.
2) The cost of style 2 custom cheek implants is the same regardless of their size or surface area coverage.
3) By definition a style 2 custom cheek implant is an infraorbital-malar implant style that augments the cheeks.
Dr. Barry Eppley