How Can I Reduce This Bump On My Forehead?

Q: Dr. Eppley, Hi I hit my head 10 years ago, since then the swollen area never went away, I went for dozens of scans, they said that no focal abnormality was seen at the region of interest, there is no soft tissue mass, fluid collection or lymph node, I was told that my skull healed from the trauma by developing an excess of bone, can you guys help me to get this removed ? Is there a specific name for this excess bone growth that formed a swollen area similar to a bump shape on my forehead? Where do I get this shaved out or smoothened ? Please thanks.

A: Traumatic head injuries often result in small amounts oif subperiosteal bleeding which then turns into a calcification. This is very common particularly in the forehead area.. Such exostoses can be removed by shaving them down. Please send me a picture of its forehead location. This is usually approached from a hairline or just behind the hairline incision.

Dr. Barry Eppley

World-Renowned Plastic Surgeon