How Can I Change My Face Shape From Oval To More Square?

Q: Dr. Eppley, I am a 21 year-old make who is trying to achieve a more dominant facial structure. I like the square face more than the oval shape that I have. I would also like a smaller nose feature and more open eyes. I have attached pictures and am open to your suggestions.

A: In listening to your concerns and looking at your pictures, you have the following aesthetic issues:

1) A long and wide chin. This makes your face appear long and oval. In short, it is too vertically long.

2) Your eyelids show a medial epicanthal fold, which is very similar to that of Asians. This makes your eyes look tired/droopy.

3) Your nasal tip is just very slightly long.

To make the facial changes you desire based on these concerns, I would recommend the following:

1) Vertical Reduction of chin by osteotomy (7mms)  with slight advancement. (2mms) This could be combined with jaw angle implants. Together this shortens your face and make sit more square.

2) Medial epicanthoplasties to get rid of the overhanging eyelid fold.

3) Tip rhinoplasty with shortening and narrowing of domes and nostril width narrowing.

I have attached some imaging to show what changes these procedures may create.

Dr. Barry Eppley

Indianapolis, Indiana