Facial Fat Grafting
Q: Dr. Eppley, I am interested in facial fat grafting. Can volume loss in face due to no back teeth for a number of years be restored for a fuller face by the use of fat grafting?
What method of fat removal do you use?
What harvesting method do you use?
What is the cost?
Will my face be widen from this procedure?
Can a brow lift be performed at the same time or will fat injections serve the same purpose as a brow lift?
A: Thank you for your inquiry. In answer to your questions:
1) The area to which you are referring ( the soft tissue trampoline area between the cheeks and the jawline) can only be augmented by facial fat grafting. This is a non-bony supported area so only soft tissue augmentation will work.
2) and 3) There is only one method of fat graft harvest and that is by liposuction aspiration.
4) My assistant will pass along the cost of the procedure to you tomorrow.
5) Your face will become fuller/more convex in the soft tissue area between the cheek and the jawline.
6) Facial fat grafting is not a substitute for a browlift. Adding fat to the brows will not lift them.
Dr. Barry Eppley