Do I Need To Dissolve Any Injectable Fillers Before Getting A 3D CT Scan For Custom Facial Implants?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I see that a referral for a CBCT has been made at my local clinic and I’ve made the appointment on Feb 3rd. My questions are:
1) How long is this CT scan valid?
2) Do I need to dissolve the fillers in my face first?
3) How are the custom facial implant designs sessions done?
A: In answer to your custom facial implants questions:
1) The 3D CT scan would be valid forever as long as the bones inside have not been changed.
2) You do not need to dissolve any injectable filler that is present.
3) The implants are designed in a virtual/electronic manner.
Dr. Barry Eppley
A detailed description and pictures of your concerns allows for the most informed response.