Do I Need General Anesthesia For A Custom Jawline Implant?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I’m interested in jawline augmentation and custom square chin implant. I have a couple of basic questions:
1. Is the incision intraoral or outside? Is the incision visible? Will there be any scars?
2. Will I be conscious or anesthetized during the surgery?
3. What is the average expectation after the surgery?
A: I believe you are referring to a custom wrap around jawline implant in which the chin part is more square. Thus in answer to your questions:
1) Most such jawline implants are put in through a combination of a small external skin (submental) and intraoral incisions.
2) This procedure is done under general anesthesia.
3) I am not sure what you mean by ‘average expectation’ after surgery.
Dr. Barry Eppley