Custom Wraparound Jawline Implant Design and Cost Questions
Q: Dr. Eppley, I am an international patient and am interested in a custom wraparound jaw implant. I have a few questions:
1. As I am an international patient, will it be possible for Dr Eppley to design the implant just off the 3D ct scans or will i have to physically be present for optimal results?
2. Can a custom wraparound jaw implant add a slight amount of vertical chin length (roughly 4mm)?
3. What would be the rough total cost of such a surgery? I understand this cost may vary from patient to patient but it would be great to get a rough range.
Thank you very much!
A:Thank you for your inquiry. In answer to your custom wraparound jawline implant questions:
1) Most custom facial implants are designed off of the 3D CT scan and picture imaging. The patient does not need to be physically present unless they want to be.
2) Custom jawline implants often add vertical length not which 4mms at the chin is no problem to do.
3) My assistant Camille will pass along the cost of the surgery to you later today.
Dr. Barry Eppley