Can You Combine A Sliding Genioplasty With A Custom Jawline Implant?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I do have a couple of follow up questions for you in regards to the total jawline augmentation that we discussed
- 1) Are you able to combine a sliding genioplasty with a single piece custom jaw wrap around implant or can it only be combined with 2 lateral custom jaw angle implants?
- 2) If the first instance is possible, how will the design process of the implant happen given that a CT scan of what my chin will be like wouldn’t exist yet?
- 3) I am also considering hd liposuction (not facial or neck related) with another doctor, and I am wondering how far apart should the surgeries be. If I were to do the lipo first, how long would I need to wait before you would want to operate on me?
A :In answer to his jawline augmentation questions:
1) A sliding genioplasty can be combined with a single piece custom jawline implant.
2) You make the exact movements of the chin on the scan and then design a jawline implant around it. It is a not uncommon combination.
3) I would separate them by at least 6 weeks.
Dr. Barry Eppley