Can Three Custom Facial Implants Be Placed At The Same Time?
Q: Dr. Eppley, Qn about staging multiple surgeries I intend to have rhinoplasty with another surgeon. In particular issue is the transition between glabella augmentation and brow bone augmentation (deep set eyes effect)
However I am considering doing the following with you:
– forehead/brow implants (brow bone augmentation for deep-set eyes effect, more square from front, reduce slope)
– custom midface implant
– custom jaw implant
1) Which order should be done from first to last (rhinoplasty/glabella augmentation & 3 implants)?
(Issue is the transition between glabella augmentation & brow/forehead augmentation)
2) Can all 3 implants above be done on same day or does it need to be staggered on different days? If so, what is priority order of the 3 implants?
3) Will brow bone implants change the shape & height of the upper eyelid crease?
A: In answer to your custom facial implants questions:
1) All three implants can be done at the same time.
2) I would think the rhinoplasty would be done second as how the nose is set may be influenced by all of the other facial changes.
3) Brow bone augmentation would not typically be thought of as changing the upper eyelid crease…although the short term swelling may make one think so.
Dr. Barry Eppley