Can I have Jaw and Midface Implants, Rhinoplasty and Calf Augmentation All Done During the Same Surgery?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I am currently considering having many procedures done simultaneously:
- Wrap Around Custom Jaw Implant
- Custom bilateral infraorbital-malar implants
- Bilateral Buccal Lipectomies with Perioral Mound Liposuction
- Fat Grafting to: Labiomental Fold
- Calf Augmentation Implants: Bilateral
I have questions about other procedures as well:
- Would I be a candidate for bilateral vertical ear reduction? I don’t like the size/shape of my ears and how large the upper half is. I’ve attached a picture.
- Is ear rotation possible? Do you think I’d benefit from rotating my ears forward slightly? I feel I have posteriorly rotated ears.
- Can botox be placed in my mentalis muscle to reduce the bulbous appearance of my chin?
- Are splints placed in my nose after septorhinoplasty? If so, when would these be removed?
- Can all of these procedures be done at the same time?
A: In answer to your questions:
1) You would be a candidate for vertical ear reduction using a scapula flap reduction technique.
2) Ears can not be successfully rotated on his ear canal axis due to the stiffness of the canal cartilage.
3) Botox is not known to be effective for reduction of mentalis muscle fullness.
4) I do not use internal splints or packing for septal surgery. Quilting sutures are used instead to reapproximate the musical lining on both sides of the septum.
5) All face procedures along with calf implants can be done at the same time.
Dr. Barry Eppley