Can I Get Treatment For My Occipital Plagiocephaly If I Live In Canada?

Q: Dr. Eppley, I suffer from a condition known as occipital deformational plagiocephaly. I’ve seen that you have significant experience in the correction of this issue through a variety of different methodologies. 

Unfortunately, I reside in Canada. Do you conduct procedures on individuals who travel across the border? If not, would it be possible for you to point me to a Canadian surgeon who has experience in correcting this issue?

A: A significant part of my practice are patients who do not live here. Most occipital plagiocephaly skull deformities are treated by building up the deficient side with a custom skull implant made from the patient’s 3D CT scan. I would assume based on your description that the same would apply to you.

Dr. Barry Eppley

Indianapolis, Indiana