Can I Get The High Cheekbone Look With Fillers Or A Custom Implant?

Q: Dr. Eppley, I am interested in some ways to possibly enhance my cheekbones/zygomatic arch due to them been really flat. I am interested in which options I’d have, custom implants or some kind of fillers? 

Also if you can recommend any other procedures for any other parts of the face I’d be open to hear, thank you!

A: Thank you for your inquiry and sending your picture. The only effective and permanent method to enhance the cheek area in young men who seek a high cheekbone look is with custom infraorbital-malar implants. Injectable fillers may offer a bit of a ‘test’ but they can not replicate the definition that an implant design will create.

In terms of their effects and as well as a good assessment of the rest of the face done by computer imaging I would need two additional pictures…a side profile and a three-quarter view.

Dr. Barry Eppley

Indianapolis, Indiana