Can I Get An Arm Implant To Contour My Arm After A Torn Biceps?

Q: Dr. Eppley, I was wondering if you do bicep implants. I tore a muscle in my arm and now it’s what they call a popeye arm.its normal at the top but it’s totally flat at the bottom where the muscle snapped. If you can do  something for this it would be great.
A: Thank you for your inquiry. You have a torn head of the biceps muscle where it crosses and inserts into the upper forearm. As the muscle loses this attachment the bulk of the muscle contracts further up into the arm. Thus as you know you are missing the lower third of the muscle. This requires an implant reconstruction but not the typical biceps implant or nor can it be placed in the typical subfascial or intra-/submuscular location. An implant will have to be hand fashioned from a smaller biceps implant. It would be helpful to see a picture of the arm both flexed and with the arm extended.
Dr. Barry Eppley
Indianapolis, Indiana