Can I Do Shoulder Narrowing, Custom Hip Implants and Rib Removal All At The Same Time?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I’m trying to gather information and plan out a few procedures to improve my figure. I would like to inquire about shoulder narrowing, custom hip implants and rib removal.
1. What is the recovery like for shoulder narrowing? I read that full recovery takes 6-8 weeks. But how long would I need to wait before traveling? I live in europe, so I have quite a distance to travel.
2. How long do hip implants last? Will they need to be replaced eventually, or are they considered permanent?
3. Can any of these procedures be combined, i.e. done at the same time?
4. What is the price for these three procedures?
Thank you for your time!
A: Thank you for your inquiry on multiple body contouring procedures. In answer to your questions:
1) In regards to shoulder narrowing surgery, you should be able to fly home a week after the surgery.
2) Hip implants are not like breast implants, they are soft solid silicone that will last forever and never need to be replaced due to device failure.
3) The logical staging of these procedure would be a combination of hip implants and rib removal and doing shoulder narrowing surgery as a separate procedure. Which order these two groupings are done in does not matter.
4) My assistant Camille will pass along the cost of these procedures .
Dr. Barry Eppley