Can Forehead Reduction Reduce Its Width And Projection?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I would like a forehead reduction procedure. My questions are:
1) is it possible to reduce the advance and the width of my forehead?
2) what is the waiting time to be operated?
3) how long do i have to stay during the operation in the USA?
I also know that a scar is visible after the operation.I was thinking of doing a FUE hair transplant procedure to hide this one and advance my front line.
Do you think this is possible?
A: Thank you for your inquiry and sending your pictures to which I can make the following comments:
1) It is not a question as to whether your bony forehead can be reduced in both width and forward projection…but by how much. Bony foreheads can be reduced by removing the outer cortical layer of the skull down to the diploic space. How thick that layer is is what determines the magnitude of change. A preoperative CT is needed to make that determination.
2) if you want to undergo a hairline advancement this is best done at the time of the forehead reduction as the best place to put the incision is at the frontal hairline. That would achieve two goals at the same time.
3) You wouldn’t do a hairline advancement and FUE hair transplants at the same time.
Dr. Barry Eppley