Can Forehead Bossing Reduction and Temporal Reduction Be Done At The Same Time?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I am interested in learning about forehead reduction via forehead bossing and a procedure that can flatten spots on the top of my head from Dr. Eppley:
Could these two procedures and temporal reduction be safely done together?
What would be the individual and total cost of these three procedures?
Are there any video recordings of these procedures? If so, is there anyway that I can view and show these videos to family members?
Could Dr. Eppley please explain or link a recent article about the full operation of these two procedures?
Are there any risks associated with any of these procedures? If so, what is the probability of these risks?
What is the typical duration of recovery from these procedures?
Have prior patients experienced any problems occurring weeks, months and years after surgery?
A: In answer to your skull reshaping questions:
1) Forehead bossing and skull reduction can be done together with temporal reduction surgery.
2) My assistant Camille will pass along that information to you.
3) I am not aware that I have ever shot any videos of these surgeries.
4) Any information on any of these procedures can be found by going to the following: www.exploreplasticsurgery.com and placed in the search box on the hope page the specific procedure name. It will pull up any articles and case reports I have written on the searched topics.
5) Any skull reshaping procedure has the set of risks which vary based on the type of skull reshaping procedure being performed….incision/scar, contour irregularities/asymmetry and over/unercorrection.
6) Recovery from any skull reshaping procedure is largely that of swelling of which the worst of it has usually past by 10 to 14 days after surgery.
7) Other than some minor aesthetic issues I am to aware of any medical sequelae from these procedures.
Dr. Barry Eppley
A detailed description and pictures of your concerns allows for the most informed response.