Can Ellanse Filler Be Removed and Replaced With Cheek Implants?

Dr. Eppley, Hello doctor, my case is unusual, I would like to know If you can remove Ellansé filler from the cheek and replace it with implants to give the ogee curve on a male?

A: Your request is not unusual (remove filler and replace with implant) but doing it successfully (remove the filler part) is the challenge. I wouldn’t recommend trying to remove this semi-permanent filler as it is going to cause a lot of tissue damage in so doing. This will result in a lot of cheek irregularities and contour defects.

Dr. Barry Eppley

Indianapolis, Indiana