Can A Knee and Mini Thigh Lift Be Done Together?
Q: Dr. Eppley, I am interested in knee and thigh Lifts. I have a few questions:
1. On the site i saw picture of the knees after knee lift surgery ( see attachment). To get such a thin scar is there a special surgical technique or are products for scars enough?
2. after how many days I can fly after knee lift surgery?
3. How long I will be not able to bend my knees?
4. Does yo do a mini thigh lift?
5. in case of both procedures ( knee lift and thigh lift) after how many weeks I can fly back home oversea? It is long flight, about 12-14 hours.
Thank you very much for your reply.
A: In answer to your knee lift questions:
1) The key to having an acceptable knee lift scar is to avoid over resection and do the preoperative excisonal markings taking both the extension and flexion of the knee into consideration. A multilayer closure is done with subcuticular suturing for the skin.
2) You should be able to fly home within 48 hours after the surgery.
3) You should avoid bending the knee more than 45 degrees for 4 weeks after the surgery.
4) Please define your thoughts on what a mini-thigh lift is.
5) Even with a combined knee and mini-thigh lft procedure you should be able to fly home within 72 hours after the procedures.
Dr. Barry Eppley