Cheek Reduction

Q: Dr. Eppley, Thank you for your reply. I am interested in modifying my cheeks and chin. My cheekbones are very prominent and a bit too wide. One cheek (the one without the mole) is particularly big. I am looking to see if cheek reduction would be a way to correct the size and asymmetry.

As for my chin. I would like to increase its vertical length to make it more proportional to the rest of my face. I would also like to even out its shape and make it more square.

I’ve attached a current pic of me and a morphed pic of me to illustrate what I am hoping to achieve.

Please let me if what I described is achievable, if you have past experience doing a similar case, and what the estimated costs would be to get this done.

A: Thank you for sending your pictures with the excellent imaging. What you are seeking to achieve can be done by the two procedures you have mentioned, cheek-zygomatic arch reduction and a vertical lengthening bony genioplasty. Having done a lot of both of those types of facial osteotomies I think you could come close to what you have imaged. The most challenging aspect of your case is to improve your cheek symmetry despite both being reduced.

Dr. Barry Eppley

Indianapolis, Indiana