Q: Dr. Eppley, I have some questions in regard to temporal implants:
1. Are there standard implants for augmenting the whole temporal complex? or just the anterior portion?
2. What the procedure be should the implants become infected post operative or years later?
3. How many days would I need to stay in Indiana for recovery?
4. Could an endoscopic brow lift be preformed at the same time through the same incisions?
A: In answer to your temporal implant questions:
1) Standard temporal implants only exist for the anterior temporal region. There are special design or custom temporal implant options for the posterior temporal region.
2) I have never seen a temporal implant infection. But if it would ever occur, like all implants, it would occur within the first month or so after surgery. It would not occur years later. The standard treatment for implant infections is removal.
3) 1 to 2 days at most would be all the time you would need to be here before traveling home.
4) Endoscopic browlifts require more superior scalp incisions to perform not lateral temporal incisions. As a result an endoscopic browlift could be performed at the same time as the placement of temporal implants. In fact the same high temporal incision could be used to perform both of them.
Dr. Barry Eppley
North Meridian Medical Building
12188-A North Meridian St.
Carmel, IN 46032
Phone: (317) 706-4444
WhatsApp: (317) 941-8237