Post Op Mouth
Corner of the Mouth Lift Post-Op Recovery Instructions
- Corner of the mouth lifts have very little swelling, no bruising, and no pain.
- For local patients, small sutures that will need to be removed are used. Suture removal is one week later. For out of town patients, dissolvable sutures are used so a return is not necessary.
- Keep the sutures in the corner of the mouth moisturized with antibiotic ointment twice a day.
- You may eat a normal diet. Just be careful about opening your mouth too wide and pulling on the healing suture lines.
- You may wash your face, shower, and get the incision lines wet. Men may shave around the sutured incision line.