Custom Jawline Implant
Q: Dr. Eppley, I’ve been reading up on your custom jawline implant work, and I’m thinking about getting it done. I had a few questions.
1) Will you continue offering custom jawline enhancement into late 2018? Time constraints at the moment make it unlikely that I will be able to undergo significant surgery until at least summer 2018; ideally winter 2018.
2) If I am in ketosis (as part of a ketogenic diet, not diabetic ketoacidosis), will the considerations for my anesthesia be different? Can I safely go under general anesthesia while in ketosis? Or will I have to eat high carb before the surgery so my body is not in ketosis anymore?
3) Can a custom jawline implant be combined with a buccal fat removal to maximize the chiselled look? Can a rhinoplasty be added on top of a jawline implant and buccal fat removal?
I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks so much.
A: In answer to your custom jawline implant questions:
1) I will be operating far into the foreseeable future.
2) I am not aware of any negative effects of someone on a ketogenic diet having general anesthesia. But I will check with my chief anesthesiologist to be certain of that statement.
3) It is common to perform buccal lipectomy with many other types of jawline enhancement surgeries, particularly a custom jawline implant.
Dr. Barry Eppley