Custom Forehead Implant
Q: Dr. Eppley, I have some questions about my upcoming custom forehead implant surgery.
1. Is it possible the implant can shift?
2. Can you take me through the surgical procedure and describe how the implant(s) will be placed? What materials are being used? How big are the incisions?
3. Will I still feel sensation in my forehead and will it effect my ability to show facial expressions?
4. How long before the “final” results show and I look “normal” again?
A: In answer to your custom forehead implant questions:
1) The forehead implant can not shift for a variety of design and fixation reasons.
2) The bets way to understand the incision and how the implant is placed is go to my website, www.exploreplasticsurgery.com and search under Male Custom Forehead Implant and must look at the pictures I posted one this case from last week.
3) Initially your forehead and the front parti of your scalp will the numb but that feeling will return in the months after surgery. Initially the forehead movement will be stiff but its full range of movement/expressions will return quicker than that of the lost feeling.
4) It actually takes a good 6 to 8 weeks to see the final result but you will look non-surgical in public by about 2 weeks after surgery.
Dr. Barry Eppley